Course Detail: NURA-1001 - Certified Nurse Aide
Train to become a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) in a long-term care facility. Course topics include resident's rights, communication, safety observation, reporting and basic comfort and care. Emphasis is placed on the effective interaction with the respective healthcare teams.
CPR training is provided as part of the course but will be outside of the stated class time.
Students must enroll concurrently in both NURA 1001 and NURA 2005 to complete the program and to be eligible for the certification examination.
Galveston College typically offers this as a 144 contact hour State Recognized Occupational Skills Award, which exceeds the minimum requirements set forth by the Texas Dept. of Health and Human Services.
- Clinical hours are scheduled at various times by the instructor and may include day, evening and/or weekend times.
- Healthcare program requirements must be met prior to enrollment.
- Burgundy/wine scrubs, closed-toe white shoes and a watch with a second hand must be worn during clinical days.
- The student is responsible for transportation to and from clinical sites.
- The course textbook and workbook are included with tuition.
- Students are responsible for scheduling and paying for the certification testing fees online.
- This program is eligible for a payment plan, additional funding sources may be available for eligible students.
(requisite) Certified Nurse Aide Clinical
Course Healthcare Requirements (PDF Document)