Product Lifecycle Management
Florida Tech now provides an online certificate program in Product Lifecycle Management. The course consists of 23 modules of the latest thinking on the concepts, principles, strategies, practices and applications of PLM.
What is PLM?
Product lifecycle management (PLM) is an integrated, information-driven approach â€” one that comprises people, processes and practices, and technology â€” to all aspects of a product's life and its environment. PLM encompasses numerous disciplines including engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing, supply chain, customer support and product maintenance and upgrades.
Product lifecycle management is a 21st-century approach to mitigating or eliminating these issues. PLM is an integrative, information-driven, product-centric approach that not only employs the latest enabling technology, but also redefines how people, their processes and their practices interact with products throughout the productâ€™s entire lifecycle.
PLM focuses not only on product development and manufacture, after which traditional manufacturers lose contact with their products, but also on retaining a connection throughout the productâ€™s life to provide feedback on actual product performance and quality and to create new revenue opportunities. Finally, PLM helps ensure responsible disposal at the end of the productâ€™s life.
What does the PLM certificate program cover?
Upon completion of the online program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts, characteristics, drivers and value of PLM for both the organization and its customers
- Develop use cases that will benefit their companies and customers
- Assess, prepare and plan for the role of PLM within their organizations/li>
- Understand the role of people, their processes and practices and how and why to effect and drive change
- Create and balance both innovation and efficiency in developing and supporting products that their customers will value
- Understand how information in the form of modeling, analysis and simulation can reduce costs, create new revenue, foster innovation and improve product quality
Courses - Click on the session to register.
PRODUCT LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT - PDP0636 Covers and emphasizes initiating projects in engineering and manufacturing at the beginning of the life cycle and its impact on the rest of the organization. Discusses frameworks to provide economic and value-based justifications for PLM projects and the pitfalls of an fragmented approach to PLM. Delivers the latest material on PLM and its impact on the organization. Consistsof 22 modules of the latest thinking on the concepts, principles, strategies, practices, and applications of PLM.
To register and receive immediate access to this online open enrollment course please click here.
May 1, 2019 to April 30, 2020, CourseWebs