Course Detail: SUAS-4030L3 - TOP Level 3 Recertification in association with AUVSI [sUAS 4030L3]
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's (ERAU) Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International's (AUVSI) Trusted Operator Program* (TOP) Level 3 Recertification is designed for TOP Level 3 remote pilots seeking recertification. AUVSI requires TOP Level 3 pilots recertify every 2 years. This course is available online with a required Practical Flight Assessment (PFA) scheduled at a later date. Students must complete all recertification academic requirements by the last day of the course. Level 3 certification provides standards for operating in "safety critical" areas, such as near chemical, oil, gas or nuclear facilities, an extended line of sight, pipeline, power line, and cell tower inspections.
*AUVSI Recertification fee of $120 not included. Payment of TOP Level 3 certification fee is required for recertification.The required practical flight assessment (PFA) is not included. Students must register for SUAS 4030L3PFA separately.
Level 3 certification is designed for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) operations that include any of the characteristics of Level 2 plus the following learning outcomes:
- Operations in safety-critical and complex areas that require higher levels of risk mitigation, which include:
- Industrial and chemical facilities, such as offshore oil rigs, mine sites, power plants
- Infrastructure, such as wind turbines, powerlines, communications towers, rail and pipelines
- Operations in any hazardous or extreme environments including:
- From ships, moving vehicles, aircraft, confined areas and underground
- Within close proximity to and within severe weather (storm research)
- Remote, harsh or hostile locations, including wildlife considerations
- Operations requiring the development and testing of new procedures
Who Should Attend
To achieve TOP Level 3 Recertification, operators are required to already possess TOP Level 3 certification, TOP Level 2 certification, TOP Level 1 certification and a current CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate:
- Remote pilots looking to recertify expired or expiring TOP Level 3 certification
Check out more about AUVSI's Trusted Operator Program!*
See Available Sessions below. Please contact the ERAU Worldwide Office of Professional Education for the latest information and any questions related to recertification.
*Trusted Operator Program is the trademark of AUVSI