Course Detail: SUAS-4000L1 - TOP Level 1 in association with AUVSI [sUAS 4000L1]
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's (ERAU) Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International's (AUVSI) Trusted Operator Program* (TOP) Level 1 Certification is designed for certified remote pilots and explores various aviation-related theories and operational requirements vital for safe unmanned aerial systems (UAS) utilization. The course is available entirely online, as well as through half-day session at various locations throughout the year. AUVSI defines Level 1 certification for UAS operations as the first TOP level for professional operators. This course may be taken individually or toward satisfaction of Embry-Riddle's AUVSI TOP professional education certificate.
Level 1 certification covers low-risk operations under the FAA's small UAS rule (CFR Part 107), such as flights during the day, below 400 feet and away from people, as well as the following topics:
- Routine operations under CFR Part 107
- Operations that do not require a waiver of FAR Part 107
- Flights using electric aircraft less than 5 lbs or 2 kg
- Operations that do not have any of the characteristics covered in TOP Level 2 and 3 such as operations close to airports, helipads, populated areas, people and livestock
Who Should Attend
To achieve TOP Level 1 certification, operators are required to already possess a current CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate:
- Professional remote pilots looking to enhance their operations by obtaining an industry recognized professional certification
- Individuals holding a current Part 107 Certificate who desire to enhance their skills and knowledge to become better, safer operators
- Individuals planning to start a professional UAS business
Embry-Riddle Worldwide students currently enrolled in UNSY 435 or UNSY 520 may pursue AUVSI TOP AUVSI TOP Level 1 certification without additional training.
Check out more about AUVSI's Trusted Operator Program!*
See Available Sessions below which include both online and any upcoming face-to-face workshops. If no face to face sessions are scheduled please contact the ERAU Worldwide Office of Professional Education for the latest information.
*Trusted Operator Program is the trademark of AUVSI