Course Detail: MGM-6100 - Leadership Development in association with IATA [MGM 6100]
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's (ERAU) Leadership Development, part of a joint Aviation Management Program with the International Air Transportation Association (IATA), teaches students develop self-awareness as leaders. Explore leadership styles, and learn how to utilize leadership assessments to cultivate self-awareness and develop high performing teams. Course content includes adaptive leadership and traditional theories for leading in complex environments. Upon completion of this course, students will be equipped to be more capable and confident leaders. This course may be taken individually or toward satisfaction of Embry-Riddle's Aviation Management professional education program requirements.
What You Will Learn
Upon completing this course students will be able to:
- Describe how management skills, roles, and mindset contribute to organizational effectiveness.
- Describe the role and importance of effective follower behaviors on organizational performance.
- Describe the evolution and impact of leadership theories on organizational effectiveness.
- Evaluate the need for adaptive leadership in volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous environments.
- Management skills, roles, and mindsets
- Followership styles and typologies
- Traditional Leadership theories
- Adaptive and Complex Adaptive Leadership theories
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation professionals seeking a managerial/supervisory role
- Junior-level managers in all fields of aviation
- Managers entering the aviation industry
Certificate Awarded by Embry-Riddle
A Certificate of Completion is awarded upon successful completion of the entire Aviation Management Program (6 courses). Students are also awarded the Aviation Management Professional (AvMP) designation by IATA.
This is a 100% online asynchronous self-paced course. Coursework is web-based with no additional software required, although a reliable internet connection is recommended. This course requires approximately 45 hours of study for each course and all courses must be completed within 12 months of the purchase date (enrollment validity). After enrollment validity expires, students will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
Student performance is assessed by an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
The exam for this course is online and contained within the course itself. Once the exam is opened, it must completed or the attempt is forfeited. Work cannot be saved and completed later. Students should schedule enough time to complete the final exam without interruption. For technical difficulties, please contact the ERAU Worldwide Office of Professional Education.
- Exam method: Online exam
- Exam format: Multiple-choice and true/false questions
- Number of questions: 20
- Passing grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 3