Course Detail: SUAS-5000 - Incident Evidence Collection and Preservation for Law Enforcement
Our Incident Evidence Collection and Preservation for Law Enforcement course presents sUAS academics and flight training for advanced law enforcement users. The academic focus is on professional aviation standards and best practices including safety management systems (SMS), development and use of standard operating procedures and checklists, crew resource management (CRM), human factors, aviation weather, both day and night flight operations, regulatory compliance and documentation, and post-flight data processing. The flight portion builds from basic and advanced flight maneuvers emphasizing safe and effective operations to unique flight and data collection missions. Each mission increases in complexity and culminates in multiple, post-incident data collection and processing missions, utilizing various sUAS platforms and processing software.
Who Should Attend
- Law Enforcement organizations and/or personnel
- Emergency Services organizations and/or personnel
- Individuals wishing to learn more about evidence collection and preservation on an organizational level
- Operators are required to already possess a FAA CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic and advanced flight maneuvers
- Execute critical elements of flight safety and crew resource management
- Identify the major components of a standard operating procedure
- Develop experience employing standard operating procedures and checklists
- Demonstrate effective mission planning
- Implement effective use of visual observers
- Examine the unique requirements of night operations
- Demonstrate automated route planning and execution
- Demonstrate legal and regulatory compliant flight operations
- Gain proficiency and currency in multiple multi-rotor and fixed wing sUAS
- Create post-flight data products
- Academic and Flight Operation are conducted in-person.
- Transportation to/from the classroom location is the responsibility of the student.
- Minimum of 4 students required for on-site training
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.