Course Detail: SUAS-1800 - Organizational Standardization Program
This course prepares an organization to become an AUVSI Trusted Operator Program (TOP) training provider or service provider. Course will include the concepts of the TOP certification process, fleet and personnel management, UAS flight operations, and safety management. Also the course provides all the documentation templates necessary for the organization to achieve TOP certification. These templates include the Flight Operations Manual, the Standard Operating Procedures Manual, the Safety Management System, a General Maintenance Manual, checklists, and functional area-unique requirements.
Learning OutcomesBy attending this course an organization will prepare for their TOP organizational certification by:
- Identifying the TOP certification process.
- Determining an applicable organizational policy that enables a UAS program.
- Developing key organizational documentation to meet TOP certification protocols.
- Identifying an organizational Safety Risk Management processes and procedures.
- Identifying an organizational UAS flight operations processes and procedures.
- Identifying an organizational UAS maintenance processes and procedures.
- Managing change within an organization's UAS program.
- Determining an organizational UAS Pilot's Code of Conduct.
- Defining an organization's Aircrew Training Program.
- Developing an organizational training curriculum.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for UAS operations managers or organizational leaders who want to develop their UAS programs to meet the protocol requirements of the Trusted Operator Program. The course is designed to provide UAS-equipped organizations the opportunity to obtain knowledge of TOP organizational certification and template documents necessary to obtaining the TOP certification.
Functional Area Pricing:
Functional areas are determined by the organizations being certified. Organizations have the option to purchase as many functional areas based on business operations.
- Training Provider - $3,500
- Public Safety - $2,500
- Agriculture - $1,500
- Environmental Services - $1,500
- Utility Inspections - $1,500
- Oil & Gas Inspections - $1,500
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How can a Training Provider, such as Embry-Riddle, certify my organization as a TOP organizational training provider or service provider?
A: Embry-Riddle cannot certify organizations under TOP; however, the course fee not only includes all of the templates required of the TOP program, but also includes the cost of the TOP certifying body. Only a TOP certifying body can certify TOP organizations.
Q: What are the prerequisites for the course?
A: An organization must have one to two remote pilots (depending on the functional area). These individuals must be employees of the organization and must possess a Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate with Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems rating and possess individual TOP certification.
August 1, 2020 to October 31, 2020, Online Course with In-Person Practical Flight Assessment
September 1, 2020 to December 1, 2020, Online Course with In-Person Practical Flight Assessment
October 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020, Online Course with In-Person Practical Flight Assessment
November 1, 2020 to January 31, 2021, Online Course with In-Person Practical Flight Assessment