Course Detail: SUAS-1800 - Organizational Standardization Program [SUAS 1800]
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's (ERAU) Organizational Standardization Program course prepares individuals to certify their organization as an AUVSI Trusted Operator Program (TOP) training or service provider. Course content includes the concepts of the TOP certification process, fleet and personnel management, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) flight operations, and safety management. Students examine the documentation templates necessary for the organization to achieve TOP certification, including the Flight Operations Manual, the Standard Operating Procedures Manual, the Safety Management System (SMS), a General Maintenance Manual, checklists, and functional area-unique requirements.
Upon completing the course, individuals from an organization will be prepared for their TOP organizational certification by:
- Identifying the TOP certification process
- Determining an applicable organizational policy that enables a UAS program
- Developing key organizational documentation to meet TOP certification protocols
- Identifying an organizational Safety Risk Management processes and procedures
- Identifying an organizational UAS flight operations processes and procedures
- Identifying an organizational UAS maintenance processes and procedures
- Managing change within an organization's UAS program
- Determining an organizational UAS Pilot's Code of Conduct
- Defining an organization's Aircrew Training Program
- Developing an organizational training curriculum
Who Should Attend
The Organizational Standardization Program course is designed for UAS operations managers or organizational leaders who are seeking to structure their UAS programs to meet the protocol requirements of the AUVSI Trusted Operator Program. The course provides UAS-equipped organizations the opportunity to obtain knowledge of TOP organizational certification and acquire template documents necessary to obtain the TOP certification.
Functional Area Pricing
Appropriate functional areas are to be determined by the organization seeking certification. Organizations have the option to purchase multiple functional areas to meet business operation needs.
- Training Provider - $3,500
- Public Safety - $2,500
- Agriculture - $1,500
- Environmental Services - $1,500
- Utility Inspections - $1,500
- Oil & Gas Inspections - $1,500
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can Embry-Riddle certify my organization as a TOP organizational training provider or service provider?
A: Embry-Riddle cannot award organizational TOP certifications. However, the Embry-Riddle Organizational Standardization Program includes all of the templates an organization is required by the TOP auditing agency to possess for the certification process. Fees for organizational certification through TOP are not included in the price of this course.
Q: What are the prerequisites for the course?
A: An organization must have one to two remote pilots (depending on the functional area). These individuals must be employees of the organization and must possess a CFR Part 107: Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) rating and individual TOP certification. Prepare for the Part 107 unmanned aircraft general knowledge exam with ERAU.