Course Detail: FAR1 - Navigating Federal Procurement
Knowing how to navigate the government contract procurement landscape and federal acquisition regulations is key to administering successful contracts with the federal government.
Let our expert faculty guide you over a three-day group live-basic workshop intended to provide an understanding of basic federal acquisition regulations (FAR), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Acquisition Management System (AMS), how to manage a DCAA audit, and related federal procurement topics.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The training is targeted for current and future employees of institutions that contract with the federal government. These institutions can include aerospace defense contractors, homeland security providers and FAA contractors. No prerequisites required nor advance preparation.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors maybe submitted to the National Registry of CPE sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org.
CPE credits anticipated to be awarded for this workshop are:
Field of StudyCPE credits
Accounting (Governmental) - Technical 4.0
Auditing (Governmental) - Technical 5.0
- Introduction to, and navigation of, the FAR and AMS (policies, forms, procedures)
- Pre-award accounting systems reviews and other business system reviews
- Dealing with Procurement Policy Requirements
- Special categories of contracts that drive the procurement process
- Relevant contract clauses
- Contract pricing and cost analysis
- Surviving a DCAA audit
- Final indirect cost rate proposal preparation (FAR 52.216-7)
- Contract payment and closeout process
- Cost Accounting Standards and Disclosure Statement topics (CASB DS-1)
- Federal audit considerations
- Using the FAST Acquisition Systems Toolset
Additional Resources: A detailed Agenda outlining lecture topics, time allotted for each lecture, CPE credits by lecture, field of study by lecture and element of engagement by lecture will be furnished upon registration. The complaint resolution policy, including contact information, is furnished on the Agenda.
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.