Course Detail: SUAS-5000 - Incident Evidence Collection and Preservation for Law Enforcement
Incident Evidence Collection and Preservation for Law Enforcement provides Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS) academics and flight training for advanced law enforcement users. With an academic focus on professional aviation standards and best practices including safety management systems (SMS), the course presents in-depth analysis of complex topics such as development and use of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and checklists, crew resource management (CRM), human factors, aviation weather, both day and night flight operations, regulatory compliance and documentation, and post-flight data processing. The flight portion builds from basic and advanced flight maneuvers emphasizing safe and effective operations to unique flight and data collection missions. Each mission increases in complexity and culminates in multiple, post-incident data collection and processing missions, utilizing various sUAS platforms and processing software. Operators are required to possess a FAA CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate prior to starting the course. Prepare for the FAA CFR Part 107 certification through sUAS Ground School.
Who Should Attend
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic and advanced flight maneuvers
- Execute critical elements of flight safety and crew resource management
- Identify the major components of a standard operating procedure
- Develop experience employing standard operating procedures and checklists
- Demonstrate effective mission planning
- Implement effective use of visual observers
- Examine the unique requirements of night operations
- Demonstrate automated route planning and execution
- Demonstrate legal and regulatory compliant flight operations
- Gain proficiency and currency in multiple multi-rotor and fixed wing sUAS
- Create post-flight data products
This is a face-to-face course with all academic and flight operations conducted in person. Transportation to/from the classroom location is the responsibility of the student. A minimum of 4 students is required for on-site training. For more information, contact the ERAU Worldwide Office of Professional Education.
More information on Embry-Riddle's sUAS Professional Education courses is available on our sUAS brochure
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.