Course Detail: NCCEDRECERTEL - Engaging Best Practices in Ethics, Attraction, and Marketing & Avoiding Conflicts of Interest for Economic Developers
Special Winter Workshop
Economic Development project activities are increasing in every community across the state of North Carolina. Daily, Economic Development professionals are tasked with marketing their communities in hopes of attracting investments that will create wealth and other benefits. East Carolina University and The NC Economic Development Association are offering a special winter workshop focused on Attraction, Marketing, Ethics, and Conflicts of Interest. The workshop will provide Economic Development Professionals with essential skills, updated tools, and current trends in the strategic areas of Attraction and Marketing. Additionally, the instructors and attendees will investigate Ethics and Conflicts of Interest to ensure professionals are insulated from potential perils in Economic Development related activities.
Workshop attendees will collect innovative approaches to:
- A. Attracting industries and businesses while at the same time leveraging assets for their inclusion within a community,
- B. Skills in leveraging community assets and allies to grow, retain, and expand businesses,
- C. Identify and prioritize marketing strategies and approaches that fit their communities,
- D. Foster collaboration around an economic development strategy,
- E. Receive updates on the basic principles of ethics and conflicts of interests in economic development, and
- F. Develop techniques for institutionalizing ethical practices within their organizations.
Workshop Instructors and Panelists
- - Crystal Morphis, Creative Economic Development Consulting, LLC
- - Kelly Andrews, Pitt County NC Economic Development
- - Nicole J Thompson, Downtown Durham, Inc.
- - Uconda Dunn, Greenville Eastern North Carolina Alliance
- - Jennifer Lantz, Wilson Economic Development Council
Early Rate: $425 - Register by January 6, 2023
Regular Rate: $450 - Register between January 7th - January 20th, 2023