Course Detail: MEDTERM - Medical Terminology
The purpose of the course is to have students systematically learn and use medical terms.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will be able to:
- - Recognize the meaning of suffixes, prefixes, word roots and combining forms.
- - Analyze and define medical terms using component parts presented in the text.
- - Analyze and define medical terms using component parts not presented in the text.
- - Spell and define medical terms and abbreviations introduced in each chapter.
- - Identify factors that contribute to diseases.
- - Identify the etiology, signs and symptoms, diagnostic procedures, prognosis, and treatment of various diseases and disorders.
- - Convert lay terminology to medical terminology.
The program will be entirely online. Multimedia content will be available from e-Publisher to enhance learning of the content.
45 contact hours totaling 4.5 CEUs.
Session Detail: MEDTERM1805 (seats remaining)