The Commercial Credit and Lending School is held annually on the campus of East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina and is open to persons who are employed by member institutions of Risk Management Association and to other banking professionals. The number of participants will be limited to help ensure an optimal educational experience.
The 2018 program is the 47th Annual Commercial Lending School. The Third Year Program is designed for experienced commercial lenders wanting to learn more about their professional practice.
As a minimum, individuals registering for the school should have:
- - Two years of experience as a commercial lender or credit analyst
- - One year of college accounting
- - Taken a statement-analysis course
- - Previously attended the RMA ECU Commercial Credit and Lending School or a similar course
This intensive five day course focuses on topic critical for individuals advancing in the field of commercial lending. the course emphasizes case studies and requires preparation before attending as well as throughout the week of the school.
The RMA Mentor and Trade Loan Structuring for Commercial Lenders Course is integral of the program. When a loan is structured correctly, the likelihood of repayment increases dramatically. When proper procedures are not followed, the bank assumes unnecessary risk. The objective of this course is to improve the odds for the bank by providing participants with an understanding of the fundamental principals behind structuring a commercial loan.
- - Advanced Problem Loan Management
- - Appraisal Review, FDICA, FIRREA
- - Commercial Construction Lending
- - Commercial Properties - Multi Family
- - Loan Pricing
- - Managing and Monitoring Credit Risk
- - Personal Development
- - Real Estate Workouts
- - Strategic vs. Tactical Risk Management
The fee includes five nights double-occupancy lodging; Sunday and Thursday evening banquets; Monday - Friday breakfasts; Monday - Thursday lunches; refreshment breaks; tuition; instructional materials; and transportation between hotel and campus.
Early registration ends April 15, 2018