Course Detail: ISO5001 - ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems Overview
ISO 50001 supports organizations in all sectors to useenergy more efficiently, through the development of an energy management system(EnMS). This course is designed to provide a general overview of the concepts,requirements and benefits of using an energy management system based on the ISO50001 standard. This course is funded in part by The EPA Pollution Prevention Program and sponsored by the Center for Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering.
An experienced instructor, Charles Parrish, who sat on theoriginal technical committee (TC) that developed ISO 50001, will discuss therequirements outlined in the standard and explain how developing andsystematically managing policies and procedures can improve energy efficiency,achieve targets, and reduce energy costs. Additionally, the course willhighlight the value of integrating ISO 50001 with other management systems,such as ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
Benefits to Your Business
- Facilitate energy management best practices
- Reduce energy costs and improve energyperformance
- Meet energy performance targets
- Improve operations and capital cost decisions
- Build energy management into business practices
- Develop a framework for promoting energyefficiency throughout the supply chain
- Upon completion of this course, you will be ableto:
- Discuss the purpose of an energy managementsystem
- Explain the benefits of an energy managementsystem
- Describe the requirements of ISO 50001
- Understand the next steps in getting startedwith ISO 50001 in your organization