Course Detail: DPI001B - Curriculum and Instruction - BFIT (Business, Finance and Information Technology Education)
Induction Program for Provisionally Licensed Career and Technical Education Teachers
Welcome to the CTE New Teacher Induction program. East Carolina University has established a partnership with NCDPI Career and Technical Education to provide online instruction for the New Teacher Induction program.
Must be a current Career and Technical Education teacher.
Online: August 26 - September 30.
Face to Face: October 14, 2019 at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh Durham Research Triangle
- 1.01 Understand how CTE Professional Learning communities provide resources and foster effective collaboration via NCCTE Moodle.
- 1.02 Understand Revised Bloom's Taxonomy and alignment.
- 1.03 Understand how national, state and program area standards impact CTE curriculum.
- 1.04 Understand how program area credentials contribute to an effective CTE program.
- 1.05 Understand how to plan and develop CTE specific pacing guides and lesson plans using a blueprint and other appropriate resources including Curriculum User Guides.
Requests for refunds must be made in writing to the Office of Continuing Studies at email@example.com.
Request Received By
Prior to the start of the program
100% (minus $25 administrative fee)
With one week after the start of the online course/program
After the first week of the course
Registration and Coursework Deadlines
Registration Deadline/Payment Deadline
September 13, 2019
Final Deadline for Coursework Submission
September 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- - Payment is required prior to access being granted to begin module work.
- - Refunds will not be issued for incomplete work or failing grades.
- - Participants must receive a 70% or better to be eligible to attend the face to face training.
HOTEL BLOCK UPDATE
The hotel block at the Embassy Suites in Cary is full. Ifyou still need a hotel room we recommend you book a room at the hotel below.
600 Weston Pkwy.
Cary, NC 27513
919-677-9910You are responsible for making your own hotel reservations. To reserve a room at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh Durham Research Triangle in Cary, NC you can call 1-800-Embassy and reference CTE New Teacher. To make your reservations online, follow the booking link here: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/es/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=RDUAPES&spec_plan=CESCTO&arrival=20191013&departure=20191014&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
Hotel Reservation Deadline is September 13, 2019.
As a non-credit student you are protected by FERPA. ECU is not able to release your course enrollment or status to anyone making a request, this includes your CTE Director, LEA, or other school official. If you would like ECU to be able to release your status, including a copy of your certificate, to your school district please complete the PDF under "Course Resources" titled "FERPA Waiver - CTE New Teacher Induction" and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FERPA Waiver - CTE New Teacher Induction (PDF Document)