Course Detail: DMPROFDEV - 2018 Continuing Education Program - Alumni, Faculty, and Residents
2018 Family Day Professional Development Event
This professional development event for alumni, SoDM faculty and residents, along with local practitioners will be two pronged. The first section will be addressing opioid prescribing, aligned with the yearly NC dental license requirement. The second section will be focusing on digital dentistry, complimented by several demonstrations by members of the SoDM faculty on digital equipment options, located in a separate location from the presentation room. Program titles, learning objectives and program content have been finalized.
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- "Understanding Opioid Prescribing and the Impact on Pain Management"
- - Dr. Stevan Thompson - Division Director, Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery, Opioid Prescribing
- 1 CERP Credit - Meets the NC Dental License Requirement
- "Restorative and Prosthetic Dental Care in the Era of Digital Technology: Theory and Practice"
- - Dr. Linc Conn - Department Chair - General Dentistry
- - Dr. Luis Schlichting - Clinical Assistant Professor
- 2.5 CERP Credits
Ross Hall 4100
The East Carolina School of Dental Medicine is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The ECU School of Dental Medicine designates this activity for 3 continuing education credits. Participants must attend 100% of the program to receive credit.
Available Sessions - Click on Date/Location