Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window
Designed as a six hour lecture course, this program will provide a review of pediatric moderate sedation, covering such topics as sedation pharmacology, monitoring, patient assessment and treatment of medical emergencies. Also, approved by the North Carolina Board of Dental Examiners, this course will satisfy the yearly number of continuing education hours needed to reapply for the North Carolina Pediatric Moderate Sedation Permit.
After completing this 6 - hour didactic course in pediatric enteral moderate sedation, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the levels of sedation and the North Carolina monitoring requirements for pediatric enteral sedation
- Evaluate a pediatric dental patient for enteral moderate sedation and be able to assign an appropriate ASA classification
- Discuss the basics of how the various monitors work and how to interpret the information they are providing
- Discuss the various sedative agents and their physiologic actions
- Plan for and discuss medical and sedative emergencies that may occur in the pediatric dental office
- Discuss the guidelines for pre-sedation, intra-operative and post-sedation care of the pediatric dental patient
A hotel block has been reserved at the Great Wolf Lodge. Course participants will need to make their hotel reservations separate from the course registration. To make your reservations you can visit: https://www.greatwolf.com/concord
and use code: 2002PEDI_002
or call (866) 925-9653
and reference the code above.
Reservation Deadline is January 31, 2020.
CERP Credits Awarded: 6 hours