Course Detail: DHSINTERPROFPRAC - Interprofessional Practice and Education: State of the Nation
Interprofessional Practice and Education: State of the Nation
Monday, March 12th, 2:30-3:30
East Carolina Heart Institute Auditorium
A Mediasite link will be available to anyone who registers and would like to view the speaker presentation from a remote location or would like to view the archived presentation at a later date.
Director, National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education
University of Minnesota https://nexusipe.org
Dr. Barbara Brandt sits at the nexus of health professions education and health care delivery in the United States and believes that we can meet the challenges of an ever-evolving health care system to achieve the Triple Aim* to:
- - Improve the patient experience of care
- - Improve the health of populations
- - Reduce the per capita cost of health care
In this one-hour presentation, Dr. Brandt will discuss the national interest in aligning interprofessional education with health systems transformation and value-based care. The message is clear: with all 23 accrediting agencies within health professions education on board, the drivers are significant and the stakes are high!"
- 1.What is Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Care and why do we do it?
- 2. What are the significant drivers of Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Care nationally, regionally, and at the university level?
- 3. What opportunities lie in the future for ECU and its ability to lead the nation in transforming the region in the way we practice and educate in the health professions?
Available Sessions - Click on Date/Location