Course Detail: COEPLA - Planning 101: Preparing for Licensure Testing
This course is designed for practicing educators that strive to hold a teaching license in North Carolina. Emphasis is placed on study skills and organizational planning that will support the candidate in preparation for taking the required state test for a specific licensure area.
This course is not recommended for ELEM or SPED-GC candidates.
Strategies explored in Planning 101: Preparing for Licensure Testing will enhance current methods of testing preparation and provide new ideas of how to effectively plan for taking a subject area assessment. Emphasis in this course will target four components to strengthen testing preparation:
- Personal organization and planning
- Licensure area test expectations
- Strategies and support resources
- Goals and next steps
- Content is developed to align with the individual needs of the practicing educator
- Course design encourages collaboration with colleagues
- Exploration of technology resources is included
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion from ECU upon mastery of the course
- Where can I learn about the licensure area test?
- What strategies support testing preparation?
- What resources and materials are available?
- How can resources and materials be used to study?
- What personal planning tools might I apply to strengthen test preparation?