Micro Course Detail: CMSP180 - Courageous Conversations
When using the phrase, "Courageous Conversations," most people associate it with an unmet need or conflict. We struggle to approach a supervisor to explore a promotion, a raise, or an alternative work arrangement. We worry about how to give feedback to others and how to respond when feedback is given to us. And most of us tend to avoid conversations that involve conflict, e.g. informing a supervisor the workload among your team in imbalanced or telling a co-worker that his/her perfume, cologne, or body spray is too strong.
In this micro course, you will learn strategies to prepare yourself to be compassionate, curious and confident to hold ANY conversation. Additionally, you will learn to re-frame perceived conflict into an opportunity to improve both your own behaviors and those of others.
After successfully completing this micro course, you'll be able to:
- Improve levels of confidence for engaging in courageous conversations
- Create opportunities to engage in courageous conversations within the workplace, including "managing up," supporting peers, and engaging those you supervise.
Micro Course Outline:
Unit 1- 3-Level Listening
- Active Listening
- Replace Judgement for Curiosity
- Feedback for Motivation
Unit 3- Difficult Conversations in the Workplace like:
- Dealing with Office Gossip
- Personal Challenges
- Delivering Bad News
- Troublesome Social Media Presence
- Managing Up
- Finding Your Voice
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled session.